Jack M. Merritts
Mining, Environmental Regulation and Oil and Gas:
Represented exploration and operating companies in the acquisition, permitting, development and operation of coal, uranium, hardrock mineral and oil and gas projects on private, state and federal lands in several western states. Supervised environmental audits and contested landfill and hazardous waste projects.
Represented individuals, developers and mineral exploration and development companies in acquisition of easements and rights-of way including railroad spur lines, as well as access across other easements and rights-of way owned by utilities, railroads, government entities and other developers. Represented ranchers in condemnation of land, water rights and mineral rights and water rights incident to commercial developments and for oil/gas and mining operations.
Represented plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation in federal and state courts including bench and jury trials in a wide variety of areas including trespass, boundary disputes, access, zoning issues, multiple mineral development, conflicts with developers, private contract disputes, securities fraud, copyright infringement, professional liability and mine fires.
- North Dakota
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Tau Beta Pi
- Sigma Tau
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association (real estate forms, title standards, environmental and natural resources committees)
- Denver Bar Association
- Society For Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration
- Colorado Mining Association
- Denver Coal Club
- Independent Petroleum Association of Mountain States
- American Arbitration Association, Commercial Division
- Denver Area Oil and Gas Title Lawyers
- Colorado Hazardous Waste Management Society
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Past Trustee
- January 4, 2012