Jaimie L. Thompson
Jaimie Thompson is an associate in the business litigation department and manages all aspects of cases from inception through completion; Ms. Thompson works to initiate, defend, manage, conduct discovery (written, oral, e-discovery), settle and try various civil, commercial, banking, real estate, wills, trusts and estates disputes and general litigation matters, which include the management of entire case loads on behalf of a large, top-five national banking clients to single managing-member limited liability companies.
She aids clients in developing litigation strategy and adapting strategy throughout the evolution of the case, while keeping the client's goals and objectives as the cornerstone to each decision made.
She assists with clients' compliance concerns ranging from HIPAA to federal banking regulations, UCC, FDCPA, TCPA and various city/municipality ordinances.
In her representation of her banking clients, she handles the formation of forbearance agreements and loan modifications, as well as the commencement of foreclosure and receivership actions to tendering the defense and dismissal of 360/365 litigation and class actions.
Ms. Thompson received a complete defense verdict in a $1.4 million case involving complex contract disputes and fraudulent misrepresentation claims on behalf of a Midwest-based insurance company. The matter was the Number 10 top defense verdict in 2009 by Missouri Lawyers Weekly.
Ms. Thompson prepared for and participated in trial team in a three-day, complex UCC Article 9 bench trial in Federal Court for the Southern District of Illinois, which resulted in a $2.5 Million verdict in favor of the client, which was affirmed by the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals on March 4, 2013. She has also drafted Respondent and Cross-Appellant Briefs in Court of Appeals for the Eastern District of Missouri.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2012
- Business Law Society, Member
- Moot Court, Board Member
- Former Loyola University Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach
- Theta Phi Alpha Sorority, Member
- Published in State ex rel. Promise Healthcare Inc. d/b/a Promise Hospital of San Diego v. Farragut-Hemphill, 358 S.W.3d 581 (Mo. App. E.D. 2012) (representing Promise Healthcare, Inc.), relating to the interpretation of Missouri Supreme Court Rules on personal jurisdiction
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2008
Creighton University, B.S., cum laude, 2004