Darin P. Shreves
Darin Shreves focuses his practice on business litigation. He represents clients in litigated and non-litigated business-to-business disputes, including in matters related to contracts, loan enforcement, construction, insurance, regulation, business torts, and professional liability.
Darin joined Lathrop Gage after clerking for two federal judges. He first clerked for the Honorable E. Richard Webber, of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. He then clerked for the Honorable Beth Phillips, of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. Darin worked with each judge to manage a large docket of cases covering many areas of law. He also assisted both judges as they sat by special designation on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Outside of work, Darin enjoys playing drums, riding motorcycles, and traveling. He is a proud resident of Kansas City, and he is active in community and young professional organizations. Darin was raised in Warrensburg, Missouri.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2016-2017
Sixth Annual YLD Trial Advocacy Competition, Best Trial Team, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 2012
Order of the Coif, Inductee, 2011
Missouri Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 2010-2011
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s Bar Leadership Academy, Graduate, 2014
Kansas City Chapter of the Mizzou Alumni Association, Board Member, 2013-present
Young Friends of Art at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Member, 2012-present
- Student case note: Counselor, Stop Everything! Missouri’s Venue Statutes Receive an Expansive Interpretation, 75 Mo. L. Rev. 1067 (2010) (analyzing State ex rel. Kansas City Southern Railway Co. v. Nixon, 282 S.W.2d 363 (Mo. 2009) (en banc)).
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri, J.D., 2011
Southeast Missouri State University, B.A., 2007
Universidad de Costa Rica, 2007
- The Honorable Beth Phillips, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- The Honorable E. Richard Webber, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri