Don F. Dagenais
Mr. Dagenais specializes in commercial real estate purchase, sale, mortgage, lease, development, management and land use projects for commercial developers, builders, investors, condominium developers, banks, mortgage lenders and property managers. His work includes handling all legal aspects of projects including apartment complexes, shopping centers, office buildings, condominiums, warehouse and industrial projects, retail stores, hospitals and nursing homes. He also works in the areas of construction law, zoning, foreclosures, and loan workouts, Americans with Disabilities Act requirements pertaining to commercial space, and all other related issues.
Recent projects include a series of nationwide mortgage refinancings, liquidation of a nationwide commercial real estate portfolio, a residential condominium redevelopment of an historic downtown building and handling all lease negotiations for a major suburban office park. Mr. Dagenais was involved in some of the earliest commercial real estate auctions in the 1990s and is proficient in that area.
Mr. Dagenais is a frequent guest speaker before groups interested in real estate development and management, such as the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Kansas Land Title Association and others. He is also a lecturer in seminars for attorneys on advanced real estate law for professional organizations such as The Missouri Bar, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, National Business Institute, Lorman Educational Series, and civic boards and organizations.
- Selected by peers, Best of the Bar, Kansas City Business Journal, 2002 - 2010
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2007 - 2013
- Selected as “Leading Lawyer” by Chambers USA, 2003 - 2013
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Received 2010 Jim Gray Neighborhood Activist Award from the Homes Associations of Kansas City, Inc.
- Received the 2012 Virtuoso Award from the Arts Council of Metropolitan Kansas City.
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- Author: Legal Tips For Property Managers, published by the Building Owners and Managers Associations of Metropolitan Kansas City, 1996
- Author: Space Wars: The Battle Over Square Footage in Commercial Leases, Perspectives, the magazine for the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), 1995
- Author: Space Audits in Commercial Leases: Advice for the Landlord's Attorney, 52 Journal Missouri Bar 104 (1996)
- May 24, 2013
- October 15, 2012
- August 22, 2012
- June 7, 2012
- December 15, 2011
- November 1, 2011
- August 30, 2011
- June 10, 2011
- October 13, 2010
- August 6, 2010
- June 11, 2010
- March 25, 2010
- October 12, 2009
- August 3, 2009
- July 30, 2009
- June 22, 2009
- June 11, 2009
- June 13, 2008
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Cornell University Law School,
Grinnell College, B.A., with honors, 1973