David V. Clark
Mr. Clark has a broad range of experience in intellectual property litigation, including numerous matters involving patent, trademark and copyright infringement claims. He has counseled clients on technology-related intellectual property issues also. Dave also serves as the firm’s Technology Partner.
Mr. Clark’s Internet law experience includes advising clients on linking, framing, metatag and domain name disputes. In addition, he has advised clients on electronic discovery issues, including those involving electronic document preservation, production and spoliation, as well as the development of appropriate e-discovery protocols and cost-efficient data collection and review processes. He further has advised clients on web site agreements and other electronic contracting issues.
Mr. Clark has extensive experience representing clients on contract and business tort claims. His strong background in business and securities litigation has provided him with substantial experience in trials, appeals, arbitrations and administrative proceedings. In addition, he has represented clients in arbitrations before the NASD and NYSE and defended securities lawsuits brought in both federal and state courts.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- The Missouri Bar
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections, Securities Litigation, Trial Practice and Banking Litigation Committees
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Panelist, How LPM Directors Can Increase Their Impact With Just-In-Time Tools and Templates, The Practice Innovation Conference, Legal Marketing Association, Chicago, Illinois, May 16, 2018
- November 21, 2017
- July 14, 2017
- August 27, 2015
- Lathrop Gage Intellectual Property Attorneys Featured in Law360 Article on Antitrust Claims in iPod Fitness Products MatterApril 27, 2012
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1985
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.S., magna cum laude, 1982