Brett C. Bogan
Mr. Bogan has experience in representing corporate and real estate clients of all sizes in a variety of business matters. He counsels clients in the intricacies of forming new business entities and nonprofit organizations, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. In this capacity, Mr. Bogan addresses issues of general business planning, capital structures, specialized stockholders agreements, joint venture agreements and the protection and licensing of technology.
Mr. Bogan has represented clients in numerous transactions in mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, including asset purchases and sales, stock purchases and sales, mergers, joint ventures, bank financings and public and private stock offerings. He also counsels companies on matters of general corporate law and periodic reporting, corporate governance and other obligations under United States securities laws.
Mr. Bogan also has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate and real estate development. Developments include: a high-end multi-building office park, a multi-building medical center campus, a 100+ acre high-end church campus financed with bonds, and a 600+ acre mixed use development consisting of commercial, industrial and office components.
Mr. Bogan also has extensive experience representing franchisees and franchisors in franchise matters and regulatory compliance.
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013
- Beta Alpha Psi—Accounting Honorary
- American Jurisprudence Award—Real Estate
- Overland Park Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center Board of Trustees
- Heartland Business Capital, Board of Directors 2002-present, Treasurer 2007-2009; President 2009-
- Overland Park South Rotary
- Overland Park Economic Development Council
- Kansas Bar Association Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section; Business Law Section
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Leadership Overland Park, 1998
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising 1994-2011
- Speaker on Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 Exchanges
- April 2, 2013
- August 22, 2012
- August 12, 2008
- JOBS Act Lifts Ban on “General Solicitation or Advertising” in Certain Private Offerings and Resales4/10/2012
10851 Mastin BoulevardBuilding 82, Suite 1000Overland Park, KS 66210-1669
University of Denver College of Law, LL.M., 1993
Washburn University School of Law, J.D., Dean's Honors, 1992
Kansas State University, B.S., 1989