VaNae N. Hamilton, Ph.D.
Dr. VaNae Hamilton is a biomedical scientist whose experience spans a number of sub-disciplines including molecular biology, microbiology, and immunology.
Dr. Hamilton completed a Master of Science in Patent Law at the University of Notre Dame du Lac. While completing her M.S. in Patent Law, Dr. Hamilton worked as a technical advisor in the Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions department at Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP in Chicago, Illinois. VaNae has experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications for biologic, pharmaceutical, and diagnostic technologies.
Dr. Hamilton has authored and co-authored several scientific articles on protein trafficking and mitochondrial biogenesis in African trypanosomes.
- Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Individual National Research Service Award, 2009
- California State University San Bernardino Technology Transfer Fellowship, 2006
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- “Tim62, a Novel Mitochondrial Protein in Trypanosoma brucei, is Essential for Assembly and Stability of the TbTim17 Protein Complex” Singha, U.K., Hamilton, V., and Chaudhuri, M., Journal of Biological Chemistry, August 2015
- “Functional Complementation Analyses Reveal that the Single PRAT-Family Protein of Trypanosoma brucei is a Divergent Homolog of Tim17 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae” Weems, E., Singha, U.K., Hamilton, V., Smith, J.T., Waegemann, K., Mokranjac, D., and Chaudhuri, M., Eukaryotic Cell, January 2015
- “Trypanosome Alternative Oxidase Possesses Both an N-terminal and Internal Mitochondrial Targeting Signal” Hamilton, V., Singha, U.K., Weems, E., and Chaudhuri, M., Eukaryotic Cell, February 2014
- “The Protein Translocase of Mitochondrial Inner Membrane in Trypanosoma brucei” Singha, U.K., Hamilton, V., Duncan, M., and Chaudhuri, M., Journal of Biological Chemistry, March 2012
28 State StreetSuite 700Boston, MA 02109
University of Notre Dame, M.S., Patent Law, 2015
Meharry Medical College, Ph.D., Biomedical Science, 2014
Marine Biological Laboratory, Biology of Parasitism: Modern Approaches, 2010
Hampton University, B.S., Biology, 2006