Joseph L. Johnson
Mr. Johnson assists clients in administrative law matters including intellectual property, environmental law and proceedings with the Tax and Trade Bureau. Intellectual property work includes identifying, developing, protecting and commercializing emerging technologies. He is a licensed patent attorney and prosecutes patent and trademark applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He also assists start up and established corporate clients to develop programs to secure, fund and transfer intellectual property rights. Mr. Johnson represents clients in new product design, development, commercialization and federal regulatory compliance for new technologies.
Additionally, his practice includes litigation of trade secret theft, infringement of patents, trademarks and other proprietary rights, complex business disputes and class action defense.
Mr. Johnson’s environmental work includes representation of companies and governmental subdivisions for compliance with federal and state environmental regulations as well as negotiation and litigation of environmental disputes.
Mr. Johnson represents industry clients in proceedings before the federal Tax and Trade Bureau, primarily for the licensure and regulatory compliance for the beverage alcohol industry. He often works on litigation matters and has represented numerous business clients in state and federal court. Mr. Johnson has served as an expert witness in patent disputes and is an approved mediator in Missouri state and federal courts for civil disputes.
Example patent work includes vehicle suspensions; components and equipment; wheels; tires; drive trains; engine components; medical devices; heart stents; contact lenses; medical device testing equipment; cleansers and sanitizers; food processing equipment; food processing equipment; food processing methods; animal feed processes and equipment; agricultural products; farm machinery; hunting equipment; fishing equipment; locomotive equipment; railroad products; fire safety equipment; commercial tanks; industrial filtration equipment; sporting goods; and designs in numerous industries.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- 40 Under 40, Springfield Business Journal
- Leadership Springfield Class XVI
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2013-2016
- Senior Articles Editor, Tulsa Energy Law Journal
- Pave Environmental Competition Finalist
- Board President, Arc of the Ozarks, 2011-2016
- Board of Directors, Springfield Workshop
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Logan Rogersville Education Foundation
- Board of Directors, Legal Services of Southern Missouri
- Board Member, Springfield Business Development Corporation
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Order of the Barristers
- Phi Delta Phi
- Author, Intellectual Property Considerations on the Internet, Springfield Business Journal, October, 1998
- January 11, 2010
- October 14, 2013
- January 15, 2010
- December 22, 2009
- December 14, 2009
- Firm Obtains Success in Highly Contested Trademark Opposition on Behalf of Advanced Animal NutritionJanuary 29, 2009
910 East St. Louis StreetSuite 100Springfield, MO 65806-2523
University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 1994
Drury University, B.A., 1989