Amanda D. Cochran
Amanda Cochran focuses her practice on employment law, Federal Employers Liability Act defense and banking law. Ms. Cochran has represented one of the major hospitals in Springfield and many of the major businesses in Springfield, a major international discount retailer in its tort claims, one of the largest banks in Southeast Missouri in all of its banking law matters, three hospitals in various medical malpractice defense claims, and an insurance company in coverage claims, from declaratory judgments to equitable garnishment actions. She has handled workers’ compensation claims, for both claimants and insurance companies, personal injury claims, contracts and real estate matters. In addition, Ms. Cochran handles appellate matters, one of which she won at the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to her arrival at Lathrop Gage, Ms. Cochran was a partner with a full-service law firm in Sikeston, Missouri.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Lawyering Skills Advocacy Honors Award
- Southern Illinois University Law Journal
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Judge, Southern Illinois University School of Law Mock Trial Competition, 2005
- Scott County Bar Association, 2003-2011
- Sikeston Altrusa Club, 2009-2011
- Sikeston Lions’ Club, 2010-2011
- Girl Scout leader, 2005-2010
- Author, “Rights of Parties in Possession,” Missouri Farm Law, Third Ed., May 2006.
- Panelist, "Me-Too" Evidence in Employment Discrimination Cases, 2017 Advanced Trial Skills: Evidence, CLE Training, Trial Judge Education Committee, Lake Ozark, MO, March 2017
- Speaker, Common and Not So Common Employee Issues, Missouri League for Nursing (MLN) 26th Annual Institute for Nursing Home Administrators, Camdenton, MO, March 2017
910 East St. Louis StreetSuite 100Springfield, MO 65806-2523
Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2003
Murray State University, B.A., 1995